These are gorgeous and if you roll jam or anything other than fruit you can make these and freeze them for a later date
These French Toast Roll-Ups have cream cheese, fruit, or whatever fillings you like rolled up in cinnamon sugar bread. Impressive and crowd pleasing!
|French Toast Roll-Ups|
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- softened cream cheese, diced strawberries, or Nutella
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
- butter, for greasing the pan
- Cut the crust from each slice of bread and flatten it out with a rolling pin.
- Place about 1-2 teaspoons of your chosen filling 1 inch from one end of the bread in a strip. Roll the bread up tightly and repeat with the remaining pieces of bread. I really like cream cheese with diced strawberries as one combination and Nutella with diced strawberries as another combination.
- In a shallow bowl whisk the eggs and milk until well combined.
- In a separate shallow bowl mix the sugar with the cinnamon.
- Heat a skillet set over medium heat and melt a tablespoon of butter.
- Dip each bread roll in the egg mixture coating well and then place them in the pan seam side down. Cook in batches until golden brown, turning them to cook and brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Add butter to the pan as needed.
- Add cooked rolls immediately from the pan to the cinnamon sugar and roll until completely covered in sugar. You can serve with syrup for dipping but I think they're perfectly good all by themselves.